Oct 01, 2020 | ssolonik | 931 views
NEW KEY INFORMATION FOR WEEKEND PRACTICES
We are all looking forward to starting Bandit Hockey this weekend. Please review the following key information before coming to practice.
- Health Screening questionnaire (see COVID-19 tab or email) must be completed and handed in for each player as they enter the rink.
- Bench staff must complete and hand in the Health Screening Questionnaire (see COVID-19 tab or email) as they enter the rink.
- A BMHA Board member will be present to accept all health screening documents.
- Parents/guardians should review the same Health Screening questionnaire (see COVID-19 tab or email) and only attend the practice if you answer no to each of the questions. City of Hamilton staff will be asking each parent/guardian if they have self-screened. Contact information (name/number) will also be requested as your enter.
- Face masks are mandatory for players, parents/guardians, bench staff and volunteers while in the facility, except when individuals are on the ice surface.
- Maintain social distancing in and outside the facility, including the parking lots.
- Entrance into the arena will be through the front doors (15 mins prior to the start of practice), this entrance is off Market Street. Parking is at the sides and back of the arena. Players will enter together as a team, so please be on time.
- After practice, parents/guardians, players and bench staff will exit the facility through a separate front or south side door (10 minutes after practice ends).
- A portion of the stands will be open for parents/guardians to watch the practice. Please follow all social distancing signs.
- Players will need to go downstairs to an area beside the ice surface to put on equipment. If needed, parents can go to this area to assist a player with their equipment. Bench staff will not be able to help with player equipment. It is important that social distancing is maintained in this area.
- For players that may arrive with their skates on and skate guards. Arena staff are not recommending the use of cloth guards as there is an increased risk of slipping on the stairs and floors.
- The player benches will be open. A maximum of 4 people (players or bench staff) are allowed on each of the two benches at one time.
- Players should try to keep their water bottles apart on the side of the boards while on the ice.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this unique season.
See you at the rink.